Sunday, January 18, 2009

Great Adventure!

I'm off, I'm off!! The GREAT Adventure begins, has already begun! I've never traveled so extensively in my life, and I wasn't really sure what to expect. Everything sounds doable in theory, but what does "communal toilet/shower facilities" or "campervan" or "self-contained unit" really mean? Although it has only been two weeks, I've discovered living out of a suitcase gets old, fast. And let me tell you, living out of a van is especially tiring. Traveling has made time fly out of my grasp, and I can't seem to find a moment to sit down and catch my breath. BUT what I've seen and done in the last two weeks is more than I've done in a very long time with my life. I feel like I've accomplished a lot, that I've been really living.

My itinerary:

Jan 3 - Jan 6 --> San Francisco/Oakland/Bay Area
Jan 6 - Jan 9 --> Honolulu
Jan 9 - Jan 11 --> in the air, crossing the International Date Line/Narita Airport, Tokyo, Japan
Jan 11 - Jan 12 --> Sydney, Australia
Jan 12 - Jan 19 --> North Island Part I, New Zealand
Jan 19 - Feb 9 --> South Island, New Zealand
Feb 9 - Feb 17 --> North Island Part II, New Zealand
Feb 17 - Feb 18 --> in the air, crossing International Date Line/Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong
Feb 18 - Feb 20 --> London, UK
Feb 20 - Feb 26 --> Italy
Feb 26 - April ?? --> London, UK/To Be Determined
April?? --> Officially move to Hong Kong

More on my adventures in the next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment